My Account

Medical Bedwetting Causes

You already know that there are countless bedwetting causes in children under 9 years of age. Bedwetting causes can range from being a heavy sleeper to having a small bladder. You also know that 95% of children who have problems with bedwetting will outgrow them by the time they are 9 years old. But what about the other 5%?

Only 5% of Bedwetting Causes Have Medical Roots

It is unlikely that your child’s bedwetting causes have any king of medical problem behind them. But the slight possibility is still there. Perhaps you have a child over 9 years old who still has problems with bedwetting, and you are searching for answers. We have a few possibilities for you.

4 Possible Medical Bedwetting Causes in Children over 9.

Urinary Tract Infection:

Arguably one of the most likely bedwetting causes in children and adults alike. When a person has a UTI, the infection can irritate the bladder wall, causing feelings of urgency, painful and frequent urination.

  • If a UTI is the cause, antibiotics will be needed to rid the body of the infection.

Chronic Constipation:

Chronic constipation is easily identified as one of the main medical bedwetting causes in children because it happens so easily. Many things can contribute to chronic constipation including diet, lack of exercise, and simply waiting too long to defecate. This is particularly common in children with busy lifestyles.

  • If constipation is the problem, a change in diet (including added fiber, water and fruits such as prunes.) Regular exercise can help, and making sure that “when you gotta go, you gotta go.”

Sleep Apnea:

It is incredibly uncommon for children to suffer from sleep apnea. Only 1-3% of children suffer from However, if your child has enlarged tonsils or adenoids, their breathing can be interrupted during their sleep. When it comes to sleep apnea, the child may become so exhausted from lack of sleep due to their interrupted breathing that they simply don’t notice that they have to use the bathroom.

  • Sleep apnea can actually be quite dangerous and if you suspect sleep apnea as a bedwetting cause, you should see a doctor.

Structural Problems in the Urinary Tract or Nervous System:

This is extremely rare, less than 1%. The only way to diagnose this type of problem is to see a doctor.

  • In many cases, problems with the urinary tract can require surgery.

Non-Medical Help For Medical Bedwetting Causes

Many medical bedwetting causes truly do need a doctor’s help, but we have good news! Dealing with wet nights when the bedwetting causes are common and normal is difficult enough, but dealing with the wetness while trying to diagnose and sort out the medical bedwetting causes and their solutions can be even more discouraging.

With the Nytone bedwetting alarm, no matter the bedwetting cause, wet nights can become history.

Nytone has helped hundreds of children stay dry. Simply attach the alarm around your child’s arm and run the cord through their pajamas, and clip to the underwear. At the slightest sign of moisture, the alarm will effectively wake your child, allowing them to make it to the bathroom and keep their beds dry.

No matter the bedwetting causes, Nytone has you covered. Order yours today and help your child overcome their problem. Healthier sleep leads to healthier days for better quality of life, confidence and happiness.





Sources: http://kidshealth.org/parent/general/sleep/apnea.html



Leave a comment